Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The HEROs: Guilty Pleasure of the Year

Cartel- Chroma
I didn't really know how to properly award this album because it isn't amazing and it isn't groundbreaking. Yet for some reason this album saved me from a lot of things this year. It saved my relationship with my girlfriend. It saved me from boredom on so many car rides. It also gave me a great chance just to forget my hectic life at times when i needed it the most. I had one of those years which was challenging and problematic but for some reason this was my escape. Will simply beautiful voice with the hard racing powerpop behind it made me want to keep listening to it over and over again. I can say all i want for my supposed taste and criticism of music but i am still a sucker for the pop life every now and again. The biggest stand out track is by far The Ministrel's Prayer. With simple guitar chords, symphony, and drum effects plus the reaching vocals it is a gem of pop songwriting. This music is pure pop perfection and that is a much needed item in the cacophony of so much other crap. Like i said this album did a lot of things for me this year and therefore i thought it would be important to recognize it as such.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home