Wednesday, August 10, 2005

so there i was




i have spent a lot of this blogs short history talking about relationships and my ever burgeoning alcoholism. i have failed to mention one of the things that has ruined my life considerably. for one week of my life i was the happiest person i have ever been. there were no problems. there were no issues. there was just me and 25 other people. what i am talking about is my greatest experience ever. it was a week trip to Florence, Italy in which i spent 7 days drinking, walking, taking photos, and being passionate about something. i have been thinking a lot about this week lately and the consequences of this fateful trip. because it is something i will never forget and here is why.....

this was the first time that i have been out of the country and it came at a time in my life where something monumental needed to happen to make me feel again. this trip was one of those things that just opened my mind to all of the possibilites of life. i don't know if that was the unbelievable history or the fact that i was drunk for most of the trip. i think of all the people on the trip i was one of probably 6 people that was excited to explore everything that was offered to me. i didn't waste a moment and didn't bitch and complain about anything. i just went and didn't ask any questions. i wasn't nervous about anything i just went and enjoyed everything.

there is only one thing that i regret about the trip. time. i wish i had more time. i'm saying that i needed more days because i was exhausted enough as is anyways. i mean i wish i wouldn't have been so set on seeing everything and i wish i could have just sat somewhere for a while. found a nice quite cafe and sit there with my music. do some writing. the whole purpose of the trip was to examine life and i did that. but not to the extent i needed to. but of course that is always the way it happens with me.

this isn't really meant to be an amazing post. just a brief trip down my memory lane to where i had once been. the best week of my life. oh i miss that so much right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home