Tuesday, July 19, 2005

how to succeed: the slackers short list

i am an overachiever. this i have known for a long time. but if this fact is true why is it that i am one of the laziest people i know. i hate getting up to get the remote if i am comfortable. i have been resigned to watching figure skating because of this fact. so when you compare these statements i am basically a living walking oxymoron. and not in the humourous "oh that's ironic type way" like jumbo shrimp because i am 1. not a crustacean and 2. it is completely contradictory. so i went through a process to deconstruct my DNA to figure out the correct matematical formula to why i am the way i am. i got bored with that in my ADHD riddled mind and decided to babble on for a while in my ostentatious blog about why i am a slacker/over achiever.

for one thing i make everything i do look easy. no matter what it is i try and not let things get to me and just smooth my way through life. i have a very internal philosophy that i have adopted in college which some pop culture critics could deem "stoner chic" but no one gives a shit about stupid media derived labels. unless your Paris Hilton. (ok that was not even close to being a good joke). i call this philosophy "Meh." for many pop culture geeks like myself they know that this is derived from the Simpsons and really just implies an "ehh or whatever type feeling". this is why i think i am slacker. my genetic dispostion thanks to my wonderful mother is that of worried, pent up, anxiety driven person. therefore adopting "the Meh Philosophy" makes life go a little bit easier for me. and frankly if Meh can get you by or through a certain stressful situation wouldn't you keep using it. there are many other forms of this philosophy. there is the "Shit Happens" take. that is primarly popular with pessimists. also the "Don't Worry Be Happy" mentality but i don't have a back up reggae band to support my thoughts. i could go on and on and actually i will to tell you the truth. stoner culture has become so ingrained into our world it has become essential to everyone's cultural lexicon. but i am going to spin it back around on ya.

the flip side to my "Meh Philosophy" is over course it's counterpart is the over analyitcal mind. and jesus h. christ do i have one of those drug addled sumbitches in my ole noggin. i can take any situation even if it is a girl asking me the time. and over analyze it to the point where i am wondering the reasons for her not wearing a watch and the cultural ramifications for her choice in the near future. i am a freak because my mind never stops moving and wizzing through things. i can mentally process more things than the aver age person. this is why i am bad at tests because i just whiz through things because i work at such a high pace. this is why i am so busy all the time because i am always thinking and brainstorming. my general attitude about life is "Meh" but my mind can never be "Meh". i have tried trust me but in reality it makes a perfect combination. i get a lot of crap done but i never get to pent up (ok that's a lie) about everything.

so yes i am a living oxymoron. unfortunately i know this and to go along with the above mentioned ideas i am also stubborn and independent. i am a threat and very dangerous. oh well at least it makes life interesting for myself because who wants a boring normal day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home