Friday, February 17, 2006

the snow day


so today was an awesome day. we had a snow day and i didn't go anywhere or really do anything. i felt bad because i kind of skipped a little bit of work today but my loyalty to my job is straining because i am getting close to graduation. it is weird what happens to your mind when you are cofined to 4 walls for a day. the song list of the day is composed like this:
The Honorary Title: Snow Day (amazingly perfect song for the entire it is kind of scary)
Joshua Radin: Closer and Everything'll Be Alright (singer/songwriter with a beautiful voice)
Teddy Geiger: For You I Will (Confidence) (he is on the show Love Monkey but i love the song)

today was a lesson in cabin fever and it's effects on my senior mind. i have been examining things again and i still haven't come into any answers. i am really excited about my grad school interview coming up this week. but otherwise i am trying to find the joy in my life right now. i think the snow kind of brought in the weary eyes and minds into my world today. what's weird is that this feeling is true apathy. there have been times when i haven't cared but i have never had true apathy before. i have never cared hardly at all about the consequences and results of my actions at this point in my life. i am just living and moving through each moment. the only bright shining spot is this interview coming up because i guess this is a one shot deal for me. get in or not otherwise i am fucked. but i feel confident enough to knock it outta the park. i had one of those days on wednesday and today was different. it was the opposite. but today was nice to have a snow day to confine my thoughts. bring things back to center and focus my mind no matter how neurotic that can be at times. good things will happen. i just need sun again. i don't know why that is becoming a thought in my head but i think a spring break in Jamaica and graduation coming up will bring new life into the waning years of my college career. bring it on.

peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home